Instant Counter Bidding (NEW)
Beta has finished: Instant Counter Bidding is now available to Lifetime Holders and Subscription Members!
Core functionality NFT Butler defends the tokens you have already bid on (and/or have planned to bid on, e.g. scheduled token tasks) by putting counterbids. It is available for:
- Token Bidding Tasks
- Collection Bidding Tasks
- Trait Bidding Tasks
Speed & Resources Instant Counter Bidding uses a queue similar to Token Bidding Tasks with a speed of 800-1200 bids/h. It also uses the same resources as a Token Bidding Tasks. So if Instant Counter Bidding is activated, a slot will automatically be blocked for Token Bidding Tasks:
Monitoring & Taking Action ❗
The Instant Counter Bidding tab is kind of a 'Control Center' to monitor your counter bidding queues. This overview is necessary to take the right actions. In this chapter we'll show a few different examples.
Example 1: "Healthy State"
This example shows a healthy scenario. The graph on the right side always shows the most resource-intensive counterbidding tasks. In this case, there were plenty of jobs created to counterbid on the "Pixels - Farm Land" Task. But the queue seems to be recovering and getting smaller again. No action required.
What to do when Instant Counter Bidding Queue grows faster than it can be processed? Recommendations/Strategies:
- deactivate Instant Counter Bidding for super competitive Token Bidding Tasks
- increase the bidding steps (e.g. with Smart Bidding) - don't fall into the trap of trying to counterbid every token task with 0.001 ETH - this will just waste resources
- add more power to Instant Counter Bidding (in development, soon you will be able to scale Instant Counter Bidding to the speed of 3 token bidding tasks)
Example 2: Queue overloading
In this example multiple token bidding tasks have counter bidding activated and there is heavy competition on it. If no action is taken, the queue will grow faster than it can be processed and will reach its cap of 1000 jobs. This scenario is undesired as we want to have our counterbids being instant and not queued somewhen far in the future. We must take action: reduce the number token bidding tasks with counter bidding enabled or counterbid in higher increments (e.g. smart bidding).
While you have to be careful activating Instant Counter Bidding for Token Bidding Tasks (this can get very resource-intensive), there's no such concern for CTOs. It's recommended to activate Instant Counter Bidding on all Collection/Trait Bidding Tasks!
- Ignore max active bids on CTOs: does what the name says. If you have this flag enabled, your settings on the CTOs will be ignored. This makes sense if you want to be competitive, but be aware of the risk: it may happen that you end up with a lot of concurrent bids. That's normally not a problem, as the bids are in your defined range, but you're more exposed to the risk of rapidly falling floor prices.
- Show all queued jobs: shows the queues for each counter bidding task, can be toggled off if you want to save resources on your computer.
Counterbidding Mechanism explained: