Comment on page
In this chapter we'll explain how you can optimize NFT Butler for different task setups.
It's important to understand that Butler can run:
- 5 token bidding tasks in parallel
- and 3 tasks per wallet in parallel
Instant Counter Bidding Modes are equivalent to token bidding in regards throughput. Max. Token bidding tasks + your instant counter bidding mode must not exceed the above limits, otherwise Butler will run into 429 errors.
⛔ Example for a bad configuration:
- 4 Token Tasks
- max. 3 Token Tasks/wallet
- same wallet to counterbid as used in the tasks
= ⚡ in this case we'd get throttled and get 429 errors because the same wallet would need to run more than 3 token task equivalents as soon as counterbids start being sent from the same wallet.
If you activate Instant Counter Bidding, you will automatically have less token tasks running in parallel.
Don't change this setting, keep it to 5 unless there is an announcement in the NFT Butler discord.
⚠ This one is important! Make sure you don't have never more than 3 here, and if you activate Instant Counter Bidding from the same wallet, you will need to lower this number according to the table above.
Can be set as low as possible: 1 - but it doesn't matter so much as long as you activate Instant Counter Bidding!
Normally you don't need to change this. If your using a valid token & counterbid configuration and still run into 429 errors, only then it's recommended to increase this number slightly.
Release note: Min bid duration per bid
- There is a new setting where you can slow down the overall bidding speed of Butler in case you're hitting Rate Limits frequently these days
- It's maybe worth to use a minimum duration per bid of 3 - 3.5 secs with the current OS Rate Limits
- This will basically apply to all your token tasks and the ICB engine
- When using 3.5 secs each task will still process about 1000 bids / hour (overall 6000 bids / hour in Butler with all it's tasks)
- After changing this setting you need to restart Butler in order to take effect
- If you're running enough wallets (usually 2-3 per Butler) you can set this setting to a maximum of 2.5 seconds which will spike up your Butler to a maximum of 8000 bids / hour
This feature is only for PRO Members. It let's you define the treshold when the ICB engine should scale up to 2 or 3 task slots.
If this setting is enabled all blur price data will be ignored in any of the tasks.
With this option your Butler will strive for the second highest bid if it can't reach the highest bid (above max bid price)
Enabling this option will highlight your token tasks when they are skipping bids due to "only bid when highest" or "skipping if already owning the highest bid"